Sunday 8 November 2009

Day 1.. the braces go on

Day 1

Had my braces fitted at 4.30pm - about 4 hours ago.

I have to say its better than I thought and worse than I thought - all rolled into one.

The dentist gave me some swanky goggles that played a DVD when you put them on - I watched the Pursuit of Happyness - quite apt title really- I didnt think this at the time - I just knew it was a film my boyfriend would never want to watch!

However, I could not tell you anything about the film, my mind was drifting through 'what am I doing?' and 'Dont cry!' I did however cry - when I went in and when I saw my braces - not because it hurt but because this is what I have been waiting for - well the end results anyway - and now it feels like it might actually happen - one day I might actually have straight teeth.

Of course, I am a complete cynic and am convinced it wont work for me! ( please do braces!) So the things that feel most bizzare - the bite bumpers - soup was manageable but the chunks of mushroom were not going to be ground any smaller by my teeth tonight - eek.. I hope I am able to chew! Just had to pop to the shop to buy all their soft food - mainly yoghurt!

Anyway - I feel like a cross between Ugly Betty, a 14yr old school girl and Jaws from the Bond film!! ha. It';s strange to think this thing will be in my mouth for six months - but I am lucky that it is six months - so I have to think of that.

I keep trying to pull my top lip back down over the braces as I feel like my mouth sticks out a mile! really cant wait to see some movement and post some images - will post some photos soonif i can figure out how to do it.

So I'm a teacher in a secondary school and have to face my year 10 form tomorrow morning - They will notice - its discreet ish but most definitely there...and then another yr 10, yr 7, yr 9 and yr 8....should be an interesting day... I wonder what they'll say? I wonder if my newly formed lisp will be temporary... Such a mix of emotions right now... If anyone is interested in my story, I'll try and post regular updates... So excited about any movement - fingers crossed I get what I have waited so long for...

No comments:

Post a Comment