Sunday 8 November 2009

End of Day Two... What the kids thought...

I'm up early today so thought I'd give a quick update... School was interesting - all of the staff said they never realised my teeth weren't straight ( so I'm thinking - why am I having this done!? Then I remember...for me!) My form yr 10 were lovely - they gave me some tips - don't eat apples... eat ice cream! haha.

I told all of my classes at the start of the lesson - all were great - all were very interested and impressed that the brace is hopefully only on for six months.
One kid said ' what have you got in your mouth?'
I said ' I'll tell you in a minute' He said ' Can I have some?'
I said ' well if you want a brace...'
I think he thought I was indulging in s quick piece of chewing gum and tring to conceal it in my upper lip!

Another boy went ' Show me'
I replied ' Why would I show you he inside of my mouth?!'

He was suitably embarrased - so that put him in his place!

All of the kids were lovely and asking questions, telling me it would get better and to give it about a week or so. The one thing thats so strange is the bite bumpers - I can't chew as my teeth dont meet - im living on soup, yoghurt, mash potato and soft fish. Longing for a bar of chocolate and a glass of red wine! Still its going to be a good diet. Anyone know how long bit bumpers are on for? is it about a month? The brace still feels massive at times - but as im typing this im forgetting about it momentarily which is wonderful. My teeth ache alot and my gums are starting to get sore - especially after a day of talking in lessons.

Im proud of myself for doing this - Im a pretty self conscious person, I think if the kids hadn;t been so great I wouldn't have been able to do it. Four more days worth of classes to tell, then I'm a week into braces and they'll all know - and I can relax a bit more.

Can't wait to see some/ any sort of movement.... I'm so impatient!


Keeping my eyes on the prize so to speak! Straight teeth by next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment